Who is your Instructor?
Rich has been working with us for a number of years now and has been dedicated to paragliding and paramotoring since 2016. An obsession with the sport has driven him to teaching and helping others progress their skills. Rich is an avid acrobatic pilot which gives him a great understanding of wing control and he offers a calming presence on the radio.
Our SIV/Acro Course?
The aim of our course is to develop your glider control and confidence when it comes to any aspect of flying.
Paragliding or paramotoring is one of the best ways to see the world but it can open us up to potentially dangerous situations. An SIV can remove the fear of the unknown by giving you the opportunity to experience a range of in-flight scenarios in a controlled environment.
It can also help you gain a ‘feel’ for your wing and help you understand what input is required. As pilots we invest upwards of £4000 in our kit and this course is designed to help you get the most out of it.
Our course can be tailored to each individual to cover any specific manoeuvres you feel are most relevant to your type of flying. We pride ourselves on a personal level of instruction so that you get the most out of your training.
As an enthusastic acro pilot we can also tailor the course to acrobatic flying, if you've already completed your first SIV and want to progress into acro training then we can create a program to suit your level and progression.
The cost of this course is £1,500 per person Group size is capped at 6 pilots
- Pre-trip consultation to identify personal objectives
- Transport to launch on SIV manoeuvres days
- A safety boat in the water at all times
- Wet bags for radio’s
- Life jackets
- Full expert tuition
- Pre and post flight briefings
- Optional daily debrief using HD video footage
- Video footage of your weeks manoeuvres (you need to bring a 16GB+ memory stick or hardrive)
What's Not Included
- Flights to Dalaman (DLM)
- Airport transfers
- Forestry tax up to launch of around 210TL per trip up
What to bring
- Glider in fully serviceable condition
- Harness with adequate back protection. We fly over water but take off and touch down over land
- Suitable reserve parachute system that has been checked and repacked within the last 12 months.
- At least one 2M Radio able to receive and transmit from 142.100 up to 146.400, although we recommend each pilot brings a second spare radio if possible.
Please also take a look at our terms and conditions.
- April 27th - May 4th
Arrive into Oludeniz
|Sunday - AM
9AM - Meet for Kit Check and Initial Briefing
|Sunday - PM
Orientation flight - To establish comfort with Radio, Life Jacket and Heading Instructions
|Monday - Thursday
2 x Instructional Flights per day covering the following manoeuvres:
Pitch Control and Energy Management (Wingovers)
Asymmetrical / Symmetrical Deflations both unaccelerated and accelerated (speedbar)
Held in Asymmetrical / Symmetrical Deflations both unaccelerated and accelerated (speedbar)
Rapid Descent Techniques such as Big Ears
Big Big Ears, B-Line Stalls and Spiral Dives
Search for Spin
Pleasure Flight / Reserve day in case of bad weather
Hotel Recommendations and airport transfers
- The Magic Tulip: is a friendly family run hotel in a comparatively quiet location just off the main Oludeniz strip. Information can be found at www.magictulip.com. As this is where the free Flight Academy team stay we have special rates with the hotel. To book or obtain a quote please email the hotel directly at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Lee SIV to access the preferential rate. Please note there are two Magic Tulip hotels so when booking please be aware it is the Magic Tulip and not the Magic Tulip Beach hotel where we will be staying (although the other hotel is just a 3 minute walk away, owned by the same family and also lovely).
- Airport transfers - Taxis offer fixed rates to and from Dalaman airport for around £50. If a transfer is not included with your hotel booking it is still worth asking them to organise it for you as it is often cheaper is arranged in advance from Oludeniz rather than at the airport.
Additional hints and tips regarding accommodation:
- Some package holidays offer very good deals including flights and half board accommodation so it is well worth searching on line or popping into your local travel agent for details of offers.
- OluDeniz is a very popular destination for Pilots and tourists so it is worth booking your accommodation early to avoid disappointment.
- If you choose to book a hotel not mentioned above it is important to make sure your hotel is an easy walk to the sea front and to the OluDeniz main street; as I have known pilots who have ended up in different resorts that require transport in and out. If you have any doubt please don't hesitate to contact us as we will be happy to let you know if the options you are looking at are suitable.