Last November we tested our new style trip based solely in Porterville to minimise travel and maximise XC airtime. Our thinking was to see what tasks and distances could be achieved with with an extended period of time getting to know the area and it was a resounding success. As a result we are heading heading back this November with the same format and although almost everyone from last year has rebooked there are a few places remaining.
This trip is aimed at experienced XC pilots, as unlike our previous trips to SA there is no coastal warm up. Pilots must be comfortable in thermic air and have prior experience of XC flying. With a maximum number of 10 pilots, both myself and Chris White will fly with you each day acting as instructors and guides. The idea will be to each day set tasks based on the conditions, in order to maximise the chance of achieving PB's and memorable flights.
The timing of the trip is not the only thing that has been changed. We have been running this trip for 11+ yars and have decided to try a different style of accommodation. This year we have exclusive use of four beautiful cottages all within a few hundred metres of each other, located just behind the Lewenkop launch. Three of the cottages have private pools and there is also a dam in which you can swim. Due to the remote location we will be having a chef come up to prepare a cooked breakfast each morning (included in the cost of the trip) and the plan for most evening meals is for a private chef to come and prepare dinner at the largest cottage. The cost of the evening meal is not included, however for a private chef and the ingredients it should work out cheaper than eating out in a restaurant in Porterville. We figured after a long days flying, beng able to have restaurant quality food served up from in the comfort of our own accommodation would be a welcome change.
If anyone is interested in this trip please book using the booking form or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The cost of this trip is £1,950 per person
Maximum group size of 10 pilots
- Pre-trip consultation to identify personal objectives
- Airport transfers from CPT – subject to set pick up and drop off times
- Accommodation (price is based on two sharing, single rooms available on request)
- Cooked breakfast each morning
- Transport to each location, flying sites & XC retrieves
- XC theory and in-flight instruction
- Daily XC tasks set based on weather conditions
- Expert tutition and endkess enthusiasm
What's Not Included
- Flights to CPT
- Evening meals
- Site fees and Membership to SAHPA ( South African Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association). You must register PRIOR to arrivalsahpa.co.za/register-online/
What to bring
- Glider in fully serviceable condition
- Suitable reserve parachute system that has been checked and repacked within the last 12 months.
- 2M Radio able to receive and transmit from 142.100 up to 146.400
- Sunhat / sunscreen
Please also take a look at our terms and conditions.
- November 25th - December 8th – Sold out
|Saturday - 25th Nov 2023||
Arrive into Capetown (CPT)
|Transfer to Porterville|
|Sunday - 26 Nov - 7 Dec 2023||
|Friday - 8 Dec 2023||
End of trip
|Transfer to CPT|