We were disappointed earlier this year when our trip to South Africa had to be canceled due to the appearance of Omicron. We had created a new style of trip based solely in Porterville to minimise travel and maximise XC airtime. The idea was to see what tasks and distances could be achieved with with an extended period of time getting to know the area.
As a result we are pleased to announce that we have managed to reschedule our plans to the end of this year.
This trip is aimed at experienced XC pilots, as unlike our previous trips to SA there is no coastal warm up. Pilots must be comfortable in thermic air and have prior experience of XC flying.
The timing of the trip is not the only thing that has been changed. We have been running this trip for 10+ years and are pleased to announce that the wonderful Terina, who many of you will know as the BBQ queen of South Africa, has set up on her own and is looking forward to welcoming us to her guesthouse.
If anyone is interested in this trip please book using the booking form or email me at email@example.com
The cost of this trip is £1,850 per person
- Pre-trip consultation to identify personal objectives
- Airport transfers from CPT – subject to set pick up and drop off times
- Accommodation (price is based on two sharing, single rooms available on request)
- Transport to each location, flying sites & XC retrieves
- XC theory and in-flight instruction
- Daily XC tasks set based on weather conditions
- Expert tutition and endkess enthusiasm
What's Not Included
- Flights to CPT
- Site fees and Membership to SAHPA ( South African Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association). You must register PRIOR to arrivalsahpa.co.za/register-online/
What to bring
- Glider in fully serviceable condition
- Suitable reserve parachute system that has been checked and repacked within the last 12 months.
- 2M Radio able to receive and transmit from 142.100 up to 146.400
- Sunhat / sunscreen
Please also take a look at our terms and conditions.
- November 26th - December 9th – Sold out
|Saturday - 26th Nov 2022||
Arrive into Capetown (CPT)
|Transfer to Porterville|
|Sunday - 27 Nov - 8 Dec 2022||
|Friday - 9 Dec 2022||
End of trip
|Transfer to CPT|